Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 with Black Frame and TR45 Prizm Lens
Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 Tactical Sunglasses quite literally took the 2.0 to the next level. All the best features of the 2.0 remain, but with some key improvements for military and tactical personnel. To better accommodate peripheral gear such as night vision and comms devices, several design enhancements were made. First, the temple stems were thinned out to provide a good seal for over-ear systems, whether with or without a helmet. The Unobtanium sleeves were removed from the stems to further reduce thickness and weight, and the wrap of the frame was increased to assist the frame’s retention without their sleeves.
The rake of the Plutonite lens was increased, bringing the lens closer to the face. To combat the reduced airflow here, an advanced anti-fog coating is also now standard on the 3.0 lens. Its new Argo lens for the 3.0 lens subtly provides more peripheral coverage than did its predecessors. All Ballistic 3.0 lenses are optimized with Oakley’s patented High Definition Optics.
The complete Ballistic M Frame 3.0 unit is a much lighter and trimmer alternative, but still offers all the protection of the 2.0, still exceeding the ballistic fragmentation impact standards of MIL PRF-31013, Clause 126.96.36.199, and the high mass & high velocity impact requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2015. The Z87.1 stamp can be found near the top edge of the lens above the nose bridge, hidden by the brow of the frame.
Ballistic M Frame 3.0 Upgrades from Ballistic M Frame 2.0
- Frame re-design – Slightly sharper wrap and increased rake for a closer fit, while the thinner temples reduce weight and allow for better helmet fit and better seal with over-ear systems.
- Compatible with helmets (Crye, PASGT, MICH, CVC, ACH) and helmet–mounted night vision devices.
- Larger Argo lens provides additional coverage.
- Advanced anti-fog lens coating helps maintain clear view in humid or strenuous conditions.
- Plutonite lens blocks 100% of harmful UVA, UVB and UVC rays.
- Selected for PEO Soldier’s Authorized Protective Eyewear List (APEL)
- Compatible with Oakley SI M-Frame Helo Gasket
Oakley Standard Issue has developed an array of contrast enhanced Prizm lenses which provide both elite and recreational marksmen with enhanced clarity and contrast of targets. The lenses strategically block specified wavelengths along the color spectrum in order to maximize contrast between selected colors in a shooting environment. The end result, the Prizm eyewear has reduced eye fatigue and enhanced vision of a target.
For more information see our Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 Prizm Spec Sheet.
- Thin stem technology enables compatibility with over-ear hearing protection and communication systems
- System features quick, tool-free lens changing
- Ultra lightweight design (1.05-ounce total weight)
- Full compatibility with helmet-mounted night vision devices
- Full compatibility with MICH, ACH, CVC, PASGT, and Crye Helmets
- Impact and chemical resistant O Matter frame material
Prizm Lens Features:
- Oakley Standard Issue Prizm lenses are engineered to fine tune the users visual contrast and depth perception. Making it easy to identify targets while reducing eye fatigue for better focus and performance when it counts.
- Improves the visual separation of a target from the background while blocking a variety of neighboring environments such as dirt, trees and sky
- Composed of Plutonite, Oakley's high-purity optical grade polycarbonate
- Advanced backside Anti-Fog Coating and front-side Hard Coating for scratch resistance
- All lenses feature Oakley High Definition Optics (HDO) with Polaric Ellipsoid geometry
- UV protection of Plutonite lens material that filters out all UVA / UVB & harmful blue light up to 400nm wavelength
- Fully compliant with the ballistic and optical standards of MIL-PRF-31013 and ANSI Z87.1-2015
Oakley Eyewear Care - Oakley Lens Cleaning Information
All Oakley Lenses:
- To help maintain the High Definition Optics (HDO) of Oakley lenses, your new eyewear comes with a specially-woven electrostatic Microclear bag for cleaning and storage. Using it will preserve the superior optical quality of Oakley’s pure Plutonite lenses. Hand wash and air-dry the Microclear bag regularly.
- Oakley Iridium lens coating is engineered to reduce glare and improve contrast. An array of available tints allows the wearer to balance light transmission in any light condition. The 12-micron jacket of Iridium must be treated with special care to avoid scratching. It is only recommended to use an Oakley Micro Bag or Oakley Lens Cleaning Kit to clean Oakley lens, do not use any other solvents, chemicals or third party cleaning kits because they have not been tested on our lenses and can possibly damage them.
Replaceable Frame Accessories:
- Frame accessory kits are available for some Oakley eyewear styles. Do not attempt to remove or replace any other eyewear's parts as this will void its warranty.
Oakley Standard Issue items are available for US sales only. We will ship only to United States destinations and US military bases. Oakley Standard Issue items on orders shipping outside the US will be removed before the order is processed.
Made In USA