Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 Array with Black Frame and Clear and Grey Lenses
Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 Tactical Sunglasses quite literally took the 2.0 to the next level. All the best features of the 2.0 remain, but with some key improvements for military and tactical personnel. To better accommodate peripheral gear such as night vision and comms devices, several design enhancements were made. First, the temple stems were thinned out to provide a good seal for over-ear systems, whether with or without a helmet. The Unobtanium sleeves were removed from the stems to further reduce thickness and weight, and the wrap of the frame was increased to assist the frame’s retention without their sleeves.
The rake of the Plutonite lens was increased, bringing the lens closer to the face. To combat the reduced airflow here, an advanced anti-fog coating is also now standard on the 3.0 lens. Its new Argo lens for the 3.0 lens subtly provides more peripheral coverage than did its predecessors. All Ballistic 3.0 lenses are optimized with Oakley’s patented High Definition Optics.
The complete Ballistic M Frame 3.0 unit is a much lighter and trimmer alternative, but still offers all the protection of the 2.0, still exceeding the ballistic fragmentation impact standards of MIL PRF-31013, Clause 22.214.171.124, and the high mass & high velocity impact requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2010. The Z87.1 stamp can be found near the top edge of the lens above the nose bridge, hidden by the brow of the frame.
- Lenses feature Oakley's HDO Optics with Polaric Ellipsoid Technology
- Lenses feature a permanent anti-fog coating on the back surface
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens material that filters out all of UVA / UVB & harmful blue light up to 400 nm wavelength
- Meets or exceeds high mass and high velocity impact requirements per ANSI Z87.1-2003/2010
- Meets or exceeds ballistic fragmentation impact standards per MIL PRF-31013, Clause 126.96.36.199.
- Secure fit even under wet conditions via Hydrophilic Unobtainium® nose pad
- Clear lens features 89% visible light transmittance, suitable for use in low light to no light conditions
- Persimmon lens features 69% visible light transmittance, suitable for use in low light to no light conditions
- Grey lens features 15% visible light transmittance suitable for bright light, meets MCEPS neutrality and chromaticity requirement
- Thin stem technology enable compatibility with over-ear hearing protection and communication systems
- System features quick, tool-free lens change
- Ultra lightweight design (1.05-ounce total weight)
- Full compatibility with helmet-mounted night vision devices
- Full compatibility with MICH, ACH, CVD, PASGT, and Crye™ Helmets
- Impact and chemical resistant O-Matter® frame
- Clear lens features 89% visible light transmittance, suitable for use in low-light to no-light conditions.
- Grey lens features 15% visible light transmittance, suitable for bright light; meets MCEPS neutrality and chromaticity requirements.
- Fully compliant with the ballistic and optical standards of MIL-PRF-31013 and ANSI Z87.1-2015
Oakley Eyewear Care - Oakley Lens Cleaning Information
All Oakley Lenses:
- To help maintain the High Definition Optics (HDO) of Oakley lenses, your new eyewear comes with a specially-woven electrostatic Microclear bag for cleaning and storage. Using it will preserve the superior optical quality of Oakley’s pure Plutonite lenses. Hand wash and air-dry the Microclear bag regularly.
- Oakley Iridium lens coating is engineered to reduce glare and improve contrast. An array of available tints allows the wearer to balance light transmission in any light condition. The 12-micron jacket of Iridium must be treated with special care to avoid scratching. It is only recommended to use an Oakley Micro Bag or Oakley Lens Cleaning Kit to clean Oakley lens, do not use any other solvents, chemicals or third party cleaning kits because they have not been tested on our lenses and can possibly damage them.
Replaceable Frame Accessories:
- Frame accessory kits are available for some Oakley eyewear styles. Do not attempt to remove or replace any other eyewear's parts as this will void its warranty.
Oakley Standard Issue items are available for US sales only. We will ship only to United States destinations and US military bases. Oakley Standard Issue items on orders shipping outside the US will be removed before the order is processed.
Made In USA
Very good product. It came in good order.
At first they hurt the top of my ears but I got used to them. Coming from radars.
Great shooting glasses. Would recommend and order again.
as expected, good quality product and arrived promptly.