Howard Leight Impact Pro Earmuffs with Noisefighters SightLines Gel Ear Pads
This bundle includes one (1) Howard Leight Impact Pro Earmuff and one (1) set of SightLines Ear Cushions.
Howard Leight Impact Pro
- Designed for handgun and pistol shooters looking for maximum hearing protection.
- The Impact Pro actively listens and automatically shuts off amplification whenever harmful sound levels are reached. The earmuff effectively blocks continuous or impulse noise 82 dB or higher.
- To enhance low-level sound, the Impact Pro employs built-in microphones that amplify range commands and conversation. Users enjoy full, clear directional sound in stereo.
- Amplifies low-level ambient noise and conversation
- Extreme hearing protection - NRR 30
- Rugged Earcup Design - Durable rubberized pressure points prevents gunstock scratching
- External Battery Compartment - Cover easily slides on/off
- Low-Energy Consuming Earmuff - Includes 2 AAA batteries
- Audio Jack Connects To MP3 Players, Smartphones, and Scanner Radios = Includes input connection cord
- Single Volume Control - One knob for on/off and volume
- Soft-Padded Headband - Offers adjustable fit and comfort
- Air Flow Control Technology (AFC) - Improves overall attenuation without increasing the size or weight of the earmuff
Noisefighters SightLines Gel Ear Pads
SightLines Compatible Headsets:
- Howard Leight Impact Sport (including Bolt version)
- Howard Leight Impact Pro
- Howard Leight Leightning (all models)
- Howard Leight Sync (all models)
- Howard Leight Viking (all models)
Why use SightLines Ear Cushions?
Earmuffs that use traditional cushions rely on the softness of the ear cushion to conform to the shape of the eyewear stems. However, whenever eyewear is inserted, even the softest cushions unevenly distribute pressure around the ear, cause hot spots which then lead to headaches, and allow unwanted noise through the broken head seal.
By adding a recessed channel, or relief cut, at the top of the cushion for eyewear to slide along, the head seal can remain intact instead of being forced open when eyewear is inserted. SightLines is an extremely simple and inexpensive solution. SightLines headset cushions replace your existing ones and install in seconds.
The only change you'll need to make when wearing a headset with SightLines is to first slide your eyewear above the cushions and then move them down into the recessed upper channel and onto the shelf. The shelf is less than one pinky finger's thickness above the location where glasses normally rest, and it feels completely natural for eyewear to sit at this location. These cushions are fully compatible with prescription eyewear, including multi-focal lenses.
Eyewear no longer causes hot spots around the ears. In addition, the unique horseshoe ring design and use of silicone gel and memory foam softens the cushion so much that compression is significantly reduced, pressure is better equalized across a larger surface area, and eyewear won't sit crookedly. It's like wearing pillows on your head. Our cushions are also quite roomy, so ears won't feel cramped. You can wear them all day with or without eyewear, with no change in comfort. You won't ever want to wear normal headset cushions again.
Government testing has shown a 1-10dB decrease in sound deadening when eyewear breaks the head seal on traditional ear cushions. This is a serious safety issue as a 3 dB increase represents a doubling of sound intensity. We believe SightLines solves this completely by keeping the head seal closed when eyewear is inserted correctly.
A broken head seal permits significantly more noise into the headset, and this isn't just a safety issue: it is detrimental to proper monitoring for audio professionals and it's annoying for anyone who wants to keep undesirable noise out when wearing eyewear (like an airline passenger using noise-cancelling headphones or a pilot trying to monitor incoming traffic). Again, we believe SightLines solves this completely by keeping the head seal closed when eyewear is inserted correctly.
Materials and Durability:
SightLines cushions are manufactured with only premium components. They are designed to survive in nearly every environment on earth. SightLines was designed by military veterans, who understand that gear dependability is crucial.
Internally, both silicone gel and sound-deadening memory foam provide the ultimate in softness. The silicone gel's flexibility is amazingly similar from -100F to +300F (-70C to 150C). The sound-deadening memory foam meets FAR 25.853 for U.S. aviation use.
Externally, an ultra-thin sheet of rugged polyurethane provides a supple outer skin. The polymer skin is resistant to UV rays, has anti-fungal properties, and does not absorb moisture and quickly degrade like cheaper materials.
SightLines should last for several years of normal use instead of degrading quickly like faux leather or vinyl pads. Be sure to hand wash our cushions with soap and water as necessary. It is not recommended that you submerge the headset cushions in water.
SightLines are made in the USA by a factory supplier with over 40 years of experience making ear cushions.