The Venture II showcases the maximum safeguard against eye injuries.
Venture II Features:
- 9.75 base curved lens provides full side protection without distracting seams or traditional type side shields
- This almost frameless design creates a spectacle that weighs only 27 grams per pair.
- Nose buds secure the glass and prevent slipping while providing a pillow soft fit.
- Fully adjustable temples-4 different size settings.
5.0 IR Filter Lens:
- Commonly used around welding sites or for medium to heavy cutting and medium to heavy gas welding.
- Offers protection from excessive glare.
- Provides 99% protection from harmful UV-A and UV-B rays.
- 100% polycarbonate lenses
- Scratch-resistant lenses
- ANSI Z87.1-2010.
- CE EN 166 Certified
- CAN/CSA Z94.3-07
*NOTE - Welding Safety Glasses and Goggles using Shade 5 filters or lighter are not intended for arc welding, which requires a darker lens found in Welding Helmets (OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.252 lists the minimum lens shade requirements for a variety of welding operations).
Welding protection with IR Green shades, Cobalt, or other very dark lenses is NOT to be worn while operating moving vehicles, bicycles or any such apparatus, particularly on the road, as these shades can significantly impair one's ability to see traffic signals adequately or accurately. "Welding protection" includes, but is not limited to: glasses, goggles, shields, masks, hoods and helmets. Safety Glasses USA, Inc. is not responsible for any damage or injury caused by such activity.
No video currently associated with this product.
Pyramex Venture 2 Safety Glasses with Black Frame and Shade 5.0 LensN. AndersonJanuary 27, 2013Numerous resources indicate that a #5 lens is the minimum shade of safety glasses for cutting with an oxyacetylene torch, which is what I bought these for. They work perfectly in that regard, and they are made well and seem unlikely to break with normal usage. I keep them in a hard-sided zippered sunglasses case. Because of their wrap-around design, make sure you get a case that is quite deep, or these might not fit.
Pyramex Venture 2 Safety Glasses with Black Frame and Shade 5.0 LensJeffrey D JamiesonDecember 24, 2006I've been a big fan of the Venture II glasses for a few years now but even the mirrored lenses didn't help much when dealing with the rising sun in front of my windshield. I don't weld but I do wear the IR 5.0 glasses when the sun is glaring through the windows on the morning and evening commutes. The wrap around style is great for keeping the sun out of my eyes from the sides.