Ztek ARC Features:
- Ideal for use in welding areas
- Designed for peripheral personnel and visitors who are not exposed to direct IR radiation.
- Great for use under a welding helmet – allows welder to see his work clearly without suffering “welders flash burn” from surrounding welders.
- Enhanced VLT (Visible light transmission) allows 58% of visible light to be seen
- Doesn’t distort color like green shaded lenses.
- Blocks 75% of harmful IR radiation.
- General purposes for indoor applications that require impact protection.
- Lenses are coated for superior scratch resistance
- Offers protection from excessive glare
- Provides 99% protection from harmful UV-A and UV-B rays.
- 100% polycarbonate scratch-resistant lenses
- ANSI Z87.1-2010
- CAN/CSA Z94.3-07
*NOTE - Welding Safety Glasses and Goggles using Shade 5 filters or lighter are not intended for arc welding, which requires a darker lens found in Welding Helmets (OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.252 lists the minimum lens shade requirements for a variety of welding operations).
Welding protection with IR Green shades, Cobalt, or other very dark lenses is NOT to be worn while operating moving vehicles, bicycles or any such apparatus, particularly on the road, as these shades can significantly impair one's ability to see traffic signals adequately or accurately. "Welding protection" includes, but is not limited to: glasses, goggles, shields, masks, hoods and helmets. Safety Glasses USA, Inc. is not responsible for any damage or injury caused by such activity.
No video currently associated with this product.
Pyramex Ztek ARC Safety Glasses with Clear IR Coated LensN. AndersonJanuary 27, 2013I bought a pair of these to wear under my welding helmet as an extra layer of protection. I wear them for hours at a time without ever noticing them, which means that they are good. They fit close to my face and wrap around for lots of side protection. I bought a second pair as a backup. I also intend to wear these while blacksmithing (a hobby still out on the horizon), and anyone who wants to stand around in my shop and watch me is going to be wearing them, too.
Pyramex Ztek ARC Safety Glasses with Clear IR Coated LensMatt MSeptember 9, 2011Great glass for any kind of arc welding environment. Very comfortable for all day use. I would Highly recommend to any one who works in a welding area to protect from flash burns. There is a slight color distortion from the ir protection coating, so for a non welding environment I would go with another pair, but other than that they are great. I liked them so much I brought several other pairs to give to co-workers.