Oakley Standard Issue has developed an array of contrast enhanced Prizm™ lenses which provide both elite and recreational marksmen with enhanced clarity and contrast of targets. The lenses strategically block specified wavelengths along the color spectrum in order to maximize contrast between selected colors in a shooting environment. The end result, the Prizm™ eyewear has reduced eye fatigue and enhanced vision of a target.
Whatever situation you are shooting in, whatever nature throws at you, Oakley Standard Issue Prizm™ Lens Tints enhance the adaptability and acuity of the human eye while providing protection and comfort. Oakley Standard Issue engineered an array of Prizm™ Contrast lenses providing a marksman with viable lens alternatives in different field conditions. The lenses strategically block wavelengths along the color spectrum in order to MAXIMIZE CONTRAST between colors, providing the user with REDUCED EYE FATIGUE and ENHANCED VISION.
The smallest fragment can end the biggest mission for a soldier, but the best eyewear does more than protect against ballistic fragmentation. It provides the optical clarity that helps the soldier avoid the danger in the first place. It offers uncompromising comfort that lets the soldier concentrate and stay focused. And it maximizes efficiency and convenience by offering the widest possible compatibility.
Oakley has spent decades engineering combat-ready equipment for the U.S. Armed Forces, and the SI BALLISTIC M FRAME® 3.0 brings the future of protective eyewear to today’s battlefield and beyond. Our icon is synonymous with precision optical engineering and unrivaled innovation, and this design shows why.
Barely more than an ounce in weight, this rugged design meets or exceeds the ballistic fragmentation impact standards of MIL PRF-31013, Clause 126.96.36.199, and the high mass & high velocity impact requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2010.
An entirely new thin stem technology optimizes durability while enabling compatibility with over-ear hearing protection and communication systems. Clear, unobstructed vision is maintained by a advanced anti-fog coating of all lenses. Offering the ultimate in convenience, compatibility, clarity and comfort, this protective optical system is paired with three optional interchangeable lenses, and all are optimized with the visual fidelity of High Definition Optics®. Oakley’s patented optical technologies maintain clarity at all angles of vision, not just straight ahead.
For more information see our Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 Prizm Spec Sheet.
- Thin stem technology enables compatibility with over-ear hearing protection and communication systems
- System features quick, tool-free lens changing
- Ultra lightweight design (1.05-ounce total weight)
- Full compatibility with helmet-mounted night vision devices
- Full compatibility with MICH, ACH, CVC, PASGT, and Crye™ Helmets
- Impact and chemical resistant O Matter® frame material
Prizm Lens Features:
- Oakley Standard Issue Prizm™ lenses are engineered to fine tune the users visual contrast and depth perception. Making it easy to identify targets while reducing eye fatigue for better focus and performance when it counts.
- Improves the visual separation of a target from the background while blocking a variety of neighboring environments such as dirt, trees and sky
- Composed of Plutonite, Oakley's high-purity optical grade polycarbonate
- Advanced backside Anti-Fog Coating and front-side Hard Coating for scratch resistance
- All lenses feature Oakley High Definition Optics (HDO®) with Polaric Ellipsoid™ geometry
- UV protection of Plutonite lens material that filters out all UVA / UVB & harmful blue light up to 400nm wavelength
- Meets or exceeds the ballistic fragmentation impact standards of MIL PRF-31013, Clause 188.8.131.52, and the high mass & high velocity impact requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2010.
Oakley Eyewear Care - Oakley Lens Cleaning Information
All Oakley Lenses:
- To help maintain the High Definition Optics® (HDO®) of Oakley lenses, your new eyewear comes with a specially-woven electrostatic Microclear™ bag for cleaning and storage. Using it will preserve the superior optical quality of Oakley’s pure Plutonite® lenses. Hand wash and air-dry the Microclear™ bag regularly.
- Oakley Iridium® lens coating is engineered to reduce glare and improve contrast. An array of available tints allows the wearer to balance light transmission in any light condition. The 12-micron jacket of Iridium® must be treated with special care to avoid scratching. It is only recommended to use an Oakley Micro Bag or Oakley Lens Cleaning Kit to clean Oakley lens, do not use any other solvents, chemicals or third party cleaning kits because they have not been tested on our lenses and can possibly damage them.
Replaceable Frame Accessories:
- Frame accessory kits are available for some Oakley® eyewear styles. Do not attempt to remove or replace any other eyewear's parts as this will void its warranty.