Mention the sport of golf around our corporate headquarters and people will stare out the window with wide-eyed grins and a slight drool here and there, and then they’ll disappear for the rest of the afternoon. It was more than a decade ago when we began developing the ultimate golf lens, an innovation called G30 that blew away everybody’s idea of what you could do with a little white ball. Now that we’ve created the FLAK JACKET frame with the most advanced technologies in performance eyewear, it was only a matter of time before the two inventions found each other and got greedy for the smell of fresh-cut grass.
Pro golfers have trusted their vision to Oakley for years. One reason is the unbeatable clarity of HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS (HDO) but that was only our starting point for this golf optimized edition of FLAK JACKET sunglasses. Its G30 lenses actually enhance your depth perception by boosting visual contrast, and they’re designed for environments where ordinary sunglasses just don’t work: overcast skies and shadowed holes, all the way up to medium-bright conditions. Wearing shades in flat, dull light seems counterintuitive — until you try G30 lenses and see the difference.
The FLAK JACKET frame has an interchangeable lens design, so when the sun finally torches the fairway, you can change your optics as easily as you change your club. The lenses feature a permanent HYDROPHOBIC coating that repels water, oils and dust. When it comes to optical clarity they even filter out 100% of all UV. The frame matches comfortably lightweight O MATTER with soft UNOBTAINIUM components that increase grip with perspiration, and we include two sizes of nosepiece components for a custom fit. Put it all together and what you have is essential equipment for serious golfers.
This golf optimized edition of FLAK JACKET is available in two lens shape options: standard lens size or the larger XLJ shape with extended coverage. If you decide to add optional lenses later, remember that both lens sizes fit the frame, and all FLAK JACKET lens sets are interchangeable.
- Interchangeable lenses to optimize performance in any environment
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter frame material
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 8.75 base lens curvature
- Comes standard with Oakley Hydrophobic/Oleophobic anti-smudge lens coating on all lens options
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal icon accents
- UV protection of Plutonite lens that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC & harmful blue light up to 400 nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium® lens coating
- Multiple interchangeable Unobtainium nose pad options for customizable and comfortable secure fit
- Protective sports-specific Oakley Soft Vault included with capacity for extra lenses
Compliance: All Oakley eyewear are tested to meet ANSI high velocity and high impact standards. However, please note that not all are marked as certified ANSI Z87. Thus, while other Oakley styles may surpass these standards, we cannot endorse this particular style as industrial safety glasses as they are not marked for ANSI Z87 compliance. Should you require Z87 certified Oakley eyewear, please visit our Oakley Safety Glasses section.
Oakley items are available for US sales only. We will ship only to United States destinations and US military bases. Oakley items on orders shipping outside the US will be removed before the order is processed.
No video currently associated with this product.
No accessories currently associated with this product.