Current Top Sellers
Elvex ARC-Shield With Green Anti-Fog Shield and Chin Protector
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 12 - 35 and pay only $52.32 each
- Buy 36 - 59 and pay only $50.69 each
- Buy 60 or above and pay only $49.05 each
- ARC-Shield Key Benefits:
- Protection value (ATPV) for Elvex FS-20ARC10 Shield is labeled 12 cal/cm².
- Equipped with chin protector.
- Anti-Fog coating
- Shields fit Elvex Visor Bracket (VB-10, VB-20, VB-30) for mounting to safety caps
- Face and hearing protection can be used simultaneously on safety caps
- Elvex system can be adapted to most major brands of slotted safety caps
What is an Arc Flash Hazard? An arc flash hazard is a dangerous condition associated with the release of energy caused by an electric arc. This explosive condition includes a broad spectrum of electromagnetic energy, plasma, fragments and a spray of molten materials.
Who is exposed to Electric ARC Hazard? Electrical workers, linesmen and electricians working with high voltage connections are sometimes exposed to the sudden release of energy that occurs during an electrical arc. This is a very dangerous condition, that can result in serious burns and death. There has long been requirements established for safety clothing to be used by these workers, but from January 1, 2003, it is required that electrical workers use face protection meeting similar requirements. The National Fire Protection Association's standard 70E-2008 (originally 2003) establishes Hazard or Risk categories, as shown in the table below. Elvex ARC-Shields are suitable for use in hazard/risk categories 1 and 2. The minimum Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV) has been established to be 5 cal/cm² and 8 cal/cm² for these two risk categories. (Cal/cm² stands for calories per square centimeter).
**Kit includes Face Shield and Chin Protector only. Helmet, brackets and adapters sold separately.
Customers also viewed