Onix Plus Reader Features:
- Newly designed adjustable nosepiece provides 3 different angles, allowing the user to find the most comfortable fit.
- Outer flip lens is ideal for use around welding sites and in cutting and brazing applications.
Clear Anti-fog Bottom Lens/5.0 IR Filter Flip Lens:
- General purposes for indoor applications that require impact protection.
- Dual lens and frame with unique outer flip lens system provides users with multiple options. Flip the outer lens up for general applications. Flip the outer lens down for applications where tinted lenses are needed.
- 3-angle adjustable flip lens allows users to freely adapt to different working procedures.
- Magnifying lens insert is strategically placed out of the userís direct line of vision
- Offers protection from excessive glare
- Provides 99% protection from harmful UV-A and UV-B rays.
*NOTE - Welding Safety Glasses and Goggles using Shade 5 filters or lighter are not intended for arc welding, which requires a darker lens found in Welding Helmets (OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.252 lists the minimum lens shade requirements for a variety of welding operations).
Welding protection with IR Green shades, Cobalt, or other very dark lenses is NOT to be worn while operating moving vehicles, bicycles or any such apparatus, particularly on the road, as these shades can significantly impair one's ability to see traffic signals adequately or accurately. "Welding protection" includes, but is not limited to: glasses, goggles, shields, masks, hoods and helmets. Safety Glasses USA, Inc. is not responsible for any damage or injury caused by such activity.
Pyramex Onix Plus Bifocal Safety Glasses with Clear Anti-Fog Lens and Shade 5 Welding Flip LensScott L GordonMarch 1, 2013Before these I wore two pair of glasses for torch cutting. These glasses have made my torch cutting very easy.
Pyramex Onix Plus Bifocal Safety Glasses with Clear Anti-Fog Lens and Shade 5 Welding Flip LensdonApril 15, 2011I thought these would be just the ticket for having shades and readers at the same time. The shades are pretty dark. When flipped up they are still still partly in the line of sight. I got about 3/4 of the dark lense trimmed off this made a great driving glass. Can look through shaded lense in bright lights. and through clear lense for the gages & phoning.. Can wear them all day long without alot of discomfort. Good glasses I think.
Pyramex Onix Plus Bifocal Safety Glasses with Clear Anti-Fog Lens and Shade 5 Welding Flip LensW.K. MaynardJanuary 24, 2011Excellent glasses for torch cutting, very comfortable, and the bifocal lenses are very convenient.
Pyramex Onix Plus Bifocal Safety Glasses with Clear Anti-Fog Lens and Shade 5 Welding Flip LensDon S.November 27, 2010Very dark. Great fro outside use.
Pyramex Onix Plus Bifocal Safety Glasses with Clear Anti-Fog Lens and Shade 5 Welding Flip LensPatNovember 22, 2010The Shade 5 lens is very dark and suitable only for the brightest days. A lighter shade would really make these glasses more usable.